Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Chapters 8 9 10

I thought it was so demeaning how he was sent back to be valued as a peice of property and he even recognizes it and how they were valued with animal as equal or greater value to a pig or sheep and other nother animals. You can really tell how black slaves were seen as less then human by how they valued them and how the grandmother was so faithfull and worked so hard for their family and then they pretty much built her a hut and left her to die. You can see how Fredrick has no respect at all for Captain Alud (his new master) because of the way he talks about him and he describes him as not really know how to treat or do with slaves and like he let the athourity he has get to his head.

8 comments:

  1. I agree with you 100 percent it was demeaning to see Douglass go back to be treated like a animal. I saw that Douglass lost respect for Auld to I liked that observation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tyler,

    I think you are smarter than this and although it had a lot of good detail, i think it could have been londer. I like how you still got the point across within this amount of information and it was very good. I liked reading yours because you stated all the important information(:

    -Breanna.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tyler, I like how you used the word dehumanizing! I completely agree with you and I can't believe the masters ranked them with the horses, pigs and sheep. It's rediculous and I can't imagine what that would be like. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good analysis and summary of the text. It is good that you are providing your own opinion and thoughts about what you just read. Keep on bloggin'!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job tyler i like the whole thing because you really put the point across like about the animals rights haha. Keep up the awesome work dude

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like how you really got into detail about how slaves were valued! I agree with you 100% on everything you said! Good Job keep up the good work(:

    ReplyDelete
  8. I liked how you put all of your thoughts into this response but it seems more like you read chapter 8 only. Your a smart kid and we all know you have more potential then this.

    ReplyDelete